Exillon Energy plc recognises the importance of providing a website that is accessible to all user groups including people with disabilities such as blindness and low vision, deafness and hearing loss, learning disabilities, cognitive limitations, limited movement, speech disabilities, photosensitivity and combinations of these.
Exillon Energy plc has designed this site with accessibility in mind, following the guidelines laid down by the W3C Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI).
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 covers a wide range of recommendations for making web content more accessible to a wider range of people with disabilities and will also often make web content more usable to users in general.
The 12 accessibility guidelines are:
1. Provide text alternatives for non-text content.
2. Provide captions and alternatives for audio and video content.
3. Make content adaptable; and make it available to assistive technologies.
4. Use sufficient contrast to make things easy to see and hear.
5. Make all functionality keyboard accessible.
6. Give users enough time to read and use content.
7. Do not use content that causes seizures.
8. Help users navigate and find content.
9. Make text readable and understandable.
10. Make content appear and operate in predictable ways.
11. Help users avoid and correct mistakes.
12. Maximize compatibility with current and future technologies.
There are three levels of conformance to the accessibility guidelines: A (lowest), AA, and AAA (highest) and our aim is to conform to AA Level. However these are guidelines only and in some instances it is not practical to conform exactly to all checkpoints. If you have any queries about the accessibility of this website please contact us.